You are detail-oriented and highly versed in mechanical print production and prepress production operations.
In a nutshell
An integral and valued part of the agency, you are detail-oriented and highly versed in mechanical print production and prepress production operations. Although design is required, the bulk of your work is good steady retail production mixed with toolkits and design. You thrive on collaboration with internal teams and shine in a fast-paced environment of chaos.
Ins and outs
- Partner with creative directors and designers on creative concepting and blowing out a chosen creative direction into additional elements including but not limited to: mechanicals for print ads, DM, packaging, event collateral, as well as comping ads for presentations and new business pitches.
- Produce press-ready final art for assorted print projects including: packaging, advertising, collateral, and assembly of mock-up and prototypes and Ecomm elements
- Intention to becoming the resident expert on all things using the brand guidelines, specs, style books, etc.
- Provide design acumen on a variety of retail projects
- Responsible for preflight of final files and creating mechanicals
- Comply with quality standards and asset management protocol for the team, as set forth by the department
- Participate in discussions and applications of workflow process improvements
- Responsible for staying abreast of trends in production and design
- Attend and facilitate pre-production meetings as needed
- Manage proper server organization and job naming
- Attend press-checks when applicable
In your back pocket
- A./B.S four-year college or university; A.A.S two-year; OR equivalent combination of experience
- Six to eight years of studio production experience
- Three to five years in retail or agency environment preferred
- Mastery of Adobe Suite—Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat – Additional software programs such as “Universal Type” a plus—Let us know what you know!
- Eagerness to provide additional support to designers, preparing visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts as needed
- Knowledge of four-color printing process and working on specialty pieces
- Desire to be a part of a team
- Adaptability and comfort with continual change
Who we are
Latitude isn’t an ordinary design shop. We’ve seen first hand how extreme poverty denies so many in the developing world of the chance to fully use their talents. That’s why we invest 50% of our profits towards elevating humanity. So, you see, we’re not just doing great work to fill our books, we’re doing it to make the world around us a better place.
Putting that purpose behind everything we do ignites our team to do our best work. As for the cherry on top, we partner with killer brands so it’s easy to get excited about the work, even on Mondays.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PARTNER