A talented veteran of integrated studio production, you have a strong technical aptitude as well as a creative eye with a large portfolio of experience. In partnership with senior leadership, you pave the way for success by demonstrating extensive skill and abilities and strong leadership with a desire to foster and grow a team that continually takes pride in their work and the contributions they make to the agency.
In a nutshell
- This position is responsible for direct supervision of the integrated studio production staff and contract personnel, which includes hiring, training, performance evaluations, resourcing of work, and overall management of employee related issues
- Partner with Director of Production and Director of Project Management to maximize resources and to ensure a high level of technical quality work and a seamless production workflow in an ever-changing, fast-paced, studio environment.
- Candidate will be well-versed in mechanical print production, prepress production operations and digital production offering a full suite of services designed to deliver high impact brand experiences
- Collaborate with Creative, Account Management, Project Managers and Producers through entire creative process to provide support, ensure creative integrity and flawless execution of the final output
- Produce press-ready final art for assorted print projects to include packaging, advertising, collateral, large format graphics and assembly of mock-up and prototypes
- Immerse yourself in the brand —eager to become the resident expert on all things using the brand guidelines, specs, style books, etc.
- Provide design and production acumen on a variety of retail projects
- Collaborate throughout the lifecycle of a project to deliver flawless execution of final output
- Take responsibility for pre-flight of final files and creating mechanicals
- Comply with quality standards and asset management protocol for the team
- Attend and facilitate pre-production meetings as needed
- Strategically anticipate and act ahead of department needs
- Manage proper server organization and job naming
- Attends press-checks when applicable
- Identify and lead studio workflow process management initiatives (project-specific and agency-wide)
- Identify departmental training needs and opportunities for growth
- Vet freelance studio staff , in collaboration with the creative resource coordinator, to mitigate risks in order to project timing/costs
- Collaborate with the studio resource manager to intake studio projects and assign best-fit studio staff; back-up to studio resource manager
- Collaborate to create estimates for studio time on projects
- Ensure quality control across studio team assignments (including, but not limited to, file structure management, file naming convention, adherence to production specifications, template development and maintenance, etc.)
- Serve as the point of contact for hardware & software issues/needs
- Work to continuously stay abreast of trends in production and design
- Additional duties as assigned
In your back pocket
- 4+ years of management experience
- 6-10 years of progressive graphic, digital production and pre-press experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat, Sketch-up (and/or other 3D rendering software), FlightCheck, HTML/CSS, and pertinent web development software
- Graphic production and pre-media/pre-press for print and all printing processes: digital, litho, large format, screen printing, pad printing, etc.
- Print production knowledge in a wide variety of mediums: print, packaging, point-of-purchase/in store marketing materials, OOH
- Online, web, digital/mobile skillsets
- 3D rendering experience with ability to read, analyze and interpret floor plans, elevations, planograms and schematics; proficiency in SketchUp
- Working knowledge of digital photography, image capture software, digital imaging workflow file processing and management, on-set color correction, post color conversation, image quality control
- High skilled image retouching abilities, color correcting, image sizing, file correction, image compression, optimization, etc.
- Operating experience of large format printer
- Strong problem-solving, mathematical skills
- Ability to rise above interpersonal conflicts and collaborate to produce solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly responsible, positive and proactive personality
- Desire and ability to lead and influence
Who we are
Latitude isn’t your average design shop. We don’t just slay from 9-5 every weekday for paychecks and portfolio pieces. We operate with a wider lens, partnering with killer brands, and investing 50% of our profits to elevate humanity. So, you see, we’re not just doing great work, we’re doing it for the greater good.
Walking into work with purpose laced into our boot straps is what pushes us to do our best work. And because we believe that purpose elevates talent, we believe it will elevate your talents too.
We are an equal opportunity employer.