You serve the agency in a dual capacity – first and foremost as the choreographer of talent and timelines with a touch of tenacity. While your core aim is to manage project timelines and ensure delivery of assets, you will also, at times, serve as the “go-to” and day-to-day contact for clients.
In a nutshell
In this role, your success will depend on collaboration with the account, creative, and production teams to ensure timelines, budgets, resources, and output are on track and accurate by continuously managing every intricacy within a project. Your meticulous attention to detail, creative problem-solving ability, desire for client management, expediency, positive attitude, and willingness to go the extra mile make you an invaluable asset to the agency. Lastly, you embody our core values: Courage, Ownership, Openness, and Respect.
Ins and outs
Support the staff resourcing needs of our projects:
- Collaborate with other project managers on resourcing staff against project needs
- Facilitate daily resourcing scrum meetings with Account, Creative, and other PMs to manage the allocation of our resources.
- Own/Manage/Update Workamajic (WAMJ) – our resourcing tool for project needs
- Communicate with Creative Team and Production on project priority and hours allocation
- Own Latitude’s master list of preferred freelancers and contractors to support our delivery needs.
- Ensure freelancers get on-boarded with proper paperwork and are set up with success with appropriate equipment and access
- Assume overall accountability for the delivery of scope for specific clients, whether it be tactical projects and/or larger initiatives. This includes the day-to-day management of clients, proactively engaging clients with ideas and/or advice and ensuring transparency with project timelines and needs.
- Be comfortable with establishing rapport and building relationships with clients that lead to a greater sense of trust in the ownership and management of additional initiatives/projects.
- Project manage brand projects, print projects, fixturing, retail installations, events, and internal projects as assigned
- Estimate project hours in collaboration with the account team
- Lead project timelines – internal & external deadlines, may require client management, Monitor staff hours against project budget, Lead routing of internal creative and proofs
- Effectively upload and manage files within server requirements
- Continuously communicate project status to teams both verbally and thru program documentation
- Ensure all job information is updated in the appropriate software and updated in projections
In your back pocket
You could tell stories about:
- Your five or more years of project management experience – retail marketing/production/print experience preferred
- The benefits and drawbacks of G-Suite (Gmail, Slides), Microsoft Office, and Adobe Suite
- The ins and outs and red flags of estimation and budgeting projects
- How you crush projects with your meticulous attention to detail and ability to anticipate the next steps
- The time when you were the calm within the storm to help make progress happen
- How you’ve made contributions inside of fast-paced environments
- How you’ve dynamically solved some hairy problems.
- Your rock star time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to go the extra mile, including some evening and weekend work
- Willingness to travel for work
- Workamajig and Basecamp software experience considered a plus
Who we are
Latitude isn’t an ordinary design shop. We’ve seen first hand how extreme poverty denies so many in the developing world of the chance to fully use their talents. That’s why we invest 50% of our profits towards elevating humanity. So, you see, we’re not just doing great work to fill our books, we’re doing it to make the world around us a better place.
Putting that purpose behind everything we do ignites our team to do our best work. As for the cherry on top, we partner with killer brands so it’s easy to get excited about the work, even on Mondays.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PARTNER